- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, cut in julienne strips
- 1/2 cup ham, cut in julienne strips (or turkey or shrimp)
- 1/4 cup green Spanish olives, pitted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin Spanish olive oil
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons grated Romano
In a large bowl, mix together the iceberg lettuce, cut tomatoes, celery stalks, Swiss cheese, ham, and Spanish olives.
Mix garlic, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Beat until smooth with a wire whisk. Add olive oil, gradually beating to form an emulsion. Stir in vinegar and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add dressing to salad and toss well. Add Romano and toss again.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.