Argentinean Skewers with Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce and Grilled Scallions
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 heads garlic, unpeeled, halved horizontally
- 2 jalapeno peppers, tops trimmed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 18 ounces sirloin, cut into 1-inch dice
- 6 -inch wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for at least 30 minutes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 green onions, trimmed
- Canola oil
- Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce, recipe follows
- Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce:
- 4 piquillo peppers, drained and chopped or 2 roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the parsley, cilantro, garlic, peppers and oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish, add the beef and toss to coat in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
Heat the grill to high. Skewer 2 pieces of the beef onto 2 skewers so that the meat lays flat on the grill. Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper and grill until golden brown, slightly charred on both sides and cooked to medium-rare doneness, about 3 minutes per side.
Brush the green onions with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until slightly charred and just cooked through.
Serve skewers with grilled scallions and Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce.Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce:
Place the peppers, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, honey, molasses, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Can be made 1 day in advance and refrigerated.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.