Bulgur Salad with Green Onion Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup medium-grind bulgur
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 green onions, sliced, plus
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat honey
- 1 serrano chile, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place bulgur in a large bowl, pour 3 cups boiling water over, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well, squeezing out as much water as possible, if needed. Return the cooked bulgur to the bowl and mix in the onion, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and 4 sliced green onions. Place the lime juice, honey, serrano, and 1/2 cup chopped green onion in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. If the mixture appears too thick, blend in a few tablespoons of cold water, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the salad to a platter and drizzle with the green onion vinaigrette.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.