- 2 cups whole milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground chile de arbol or cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup melted ghee
Whisk together the yogurt, spices, garlic and ginger in a large baking dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
Preheat the broiler. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and brush with some of the ghee. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and wipe off excess marinade. Brush the breasts with ghee and season both sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange on the baking sheet in an even layer. Broil until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
Remove the chicken from the heat and to a cutting board. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and cut it into 1-inch thick slices. Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve.