- 50 grams (scant 2 ounces) Vietnamese cinnamon chips
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 15 grams (1/2-ounce, about 2 tablespoons) whole allspice berries
- 1 liter (about 4 cups) heavy cream
- 700 grams (1 pound 9 ounces) 60 percent dark chocolate, uniformly chopped
- 300 grams (11 ounces) milk chocolate, uniformly chopped
- 40 grams (1.5 ounces about 3 tablespoons) butter, room temperature, cut into uniform pieces
Dry Roast the spices in a saute pan over medium-high heat until you can smell the perfume from the spices. Once the spices have been roasted for a bit, then add the heavy cream. Remove from heat and steep 1 hour. Strain out the spices.
Reheat the strained cream and pour the warm cream over the chocolate. Stir with a spatula to mix the chocolate completely until melted and combined. Once the chocolate is uniform in texture, add the butter and stir until well combined.
Pour into another bowl and allow to cool to room temperature. Place in a pastry bag and form little blobs onto a tray. Refrigerate until firm to the touch. Remove and roll to desired form.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay