Grilled Prawns with Habanero-Toasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- 20 prawns, shells on
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Habanero-Toasted Garlic Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Thyme sprigs, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus 1/2 cup
- 6 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 to 1 1/2 habanero chiles, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
Heat the grill to high or heat a grill pan over high heat.
Toss prawns in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Remove from the grill and immediately drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve 5 prawns per person and garnish with thyme sprigs.
Habanero-Toasted Garlic Vinaigrette:
Heat grill. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a small saute pan over medium heat on the grates of the grill; add the garlic, season with salt and cook until golden brown on both sides.
Transfer garlic to a blender and add the vinegar, habanero, and honey and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the 1/2 cup oil and blend until emulsified.