Korean-Style Marinated Skirt Steak with Grilled Scallions and Warm Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, white part only, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat grill. Combine sugar, soy sauce, sake, garlic, scallions, ginger and sesame oil in a mediumsize flat dish. Add the steak and coat well with the marinade. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning once. Remove meat from marinade and grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, for mediumrare. Remove from grill, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.