- 1 3/4 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cubed
- 1/4 pound pork, trimmed of fat
- 2/3 tablespoon marjoram
- 1/3 teaspoon toasted cumin seed
- 1/3 cup Sauteed onions
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2/3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2/3 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon toasted coriander seeds
- 1/3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon currants, soaked in grappa
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon cooked, coarsely chopped chard or spinach
- 2 pounds caul fat
In a large bowl, combine the lamb, pork, marjoram, cumin, onions, red wine, kosher salt, parsley, coriander, and sugar, and marinate overnight.
Grind the marinated mixture in a grinder fitted with a 3/16-inch plate. Add the currants, pine nuts and chard/spinach. Form into 5 ounce patties and wrap in caul fat. Roast, grill, or saute, and eat hot.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Lamb Chops with Mint and Mustard Dipping Sauce, Lamb Chops and Early Spring Salad and Mashed Garlic-Mint Peas-n-Potatoes, Ro and Em's Lamb of Love, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.