- 1 3/4 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cubed
- 1/4 pound pork, trimmed of fat
- 2/3 tablespoon marjoram
- 1/3 teaspoon toasted cumin seed
- 1/3 cup Sauteed onions
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2/3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2/3 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon toasted coriander seeds
- 1/3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon currants, soaked in grappa
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon cooked, coarsely chopped chard or spinach
- 2 pounds caul fat
In a large bowl, combine the lamb, pork, marjoram, cumin, onions, red wine, kosher salt, parsley, coriander, and sugar, and marinate overnight.
Grind the marinated mixture in a grinder fitted with a 3/16-inch plate. Add the currants, pine nuts and chard/spinach. Form into 5 ounce patties and wrap in caul fat. Roast, grill, or saute, and eat hot.