Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Raw Tuna Salad
- 1 pound 8 ounces tuna, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pureed canned chipotles
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 roasted piquillo peppers, peeled and seeded
- Parsley leaves, for garnish
In a small bowl, toss together the tuna, chopped parsley, scallions, olive oil, capers, mustard and chipotles. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cut a slit in each of the roasted piquillo peppers and remove any excess juice from the inside. Carefully stuff the peppers with the tuna mixture until the pepper looks full. Garnish with parsley leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay