- Tropical Sangria:
- 1 bottle sauvignon blanc
- 1 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup passion fruit nectar
- 1/2 cup Lemongrass Simple Syrup, or to taste, recipe follows
- 1 fresh lemon, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 fresh orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 fresh passion fruit, seeds removed, optional
- Lemongrass Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into thirds
DirectionsTropical Sangria: Lemongrass Simple Syrup:
Combine 1 cup water and the sugar in a small saucepan. Hit the stalks with the back of a knife to lightly bruise and help release the flavor. Add the stalks to the pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours to let the flavor develop. Strain before using. Yield: 1 cup.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.