Winter Green Salad with Green Apple Vinaigrette
- 1 small head escarole, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 1 celery stalk, cut on the diagonal into thin slices
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, halved cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
Combine greens, celery, and apples in a large bowl. Whisk together both vinegars and the shallot. Slowly whisk in the oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad ingredients with some of the vinaigrette. Garnish with shaved Parmigiano.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.