Iceberg Wedge Salad with Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled up
- 2 to 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, sage, and basil)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered, core removed
- 8 strips good quality bacon, cooked crispy
- 8 tear drop, or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
In a mixing bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, and gorgonzola. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture to combine the cheese through the mixture. Loosen up the mix with the buttermilk, a tablespoon at a time, until it comes to a salad dressing consistency. Season the mix with salt, and pepper, to taste. Stir in the fresh herbs.
Place a wedge of lettuce on a plate, coat liberally with the blue cheese dressing, and crumble some cooked bacon on top of the dressing. Dress each plate with 2 halved tomatoes, some blue cheese, and season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Brad Sorenson