Iceberg Wedge Salad with Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled up
- 2 to 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, sage, and basil)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered, core removed
- 8 strips good quality bacon, cooked crispy
- 8 tear drop, or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
In a mixing bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, and gorgonzola. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture to combine the cheese through the mixture. Loosen up the mix with the buttermilk, a tablespoon at a time, until it comes to a salad dressing consistency. Season the mix with salt, and pepper, to taste. Stir in the fresh herbs.
Place a wedge of lettuce on a plate, coat liberally with the blue cheese dressing, and crumble some cooked bacon on top of the dressing. Dress each plate with 2 halved tomatoes, some blue cheese, and season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Brad Sorenson
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray