Butternut Squash Souffle
- 1 pound butternut squash, steamed and diced
- 1 pound carrot, steamed and diced
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, diced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 large eggs (or 6 jumbo)
- Souffle Topping, recipe follows
- Souffle Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes (crunched up)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake souffle for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then add topping and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes. Combined cooking time of 1 1/2 hours.Souffle Topping:
Toss the corn flakes, brown sugar, and butter together until all is coated.