- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Generous cup of grated peeled carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt and spices. In another mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light. Add honey, eggs, 1 by 1, orange zest and juice. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Add carrots and raisins to batter and transfer it to prepared loaf pan and bake in middle of oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in center comes out dry. Rest on a rack for 15 minutes; turn out, cool on a rack.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.