- 8 ounces sai fun noodles (cellophane noodles made of mung bean flour, aka bean thread noodles)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into thin julienne strips
- 2 celery stalks, well-scrubbed and diced small
- 2 small zucchini, peeled and cut into thin julienne strips
- 2 cups (about 3 ounces) shiitake mushrooms, brushed cleaned, trimmed, and sliced
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (about 1 pound), sliced julienne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-ounce) piece peeled fresh ginger root (1 to 1 1/2-inch piece), sliced thin on a mandoline and cut julienne
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
Soak noodles for about 30 minutes in warm water to rehydrate.
Heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat in a wok and add carrots, celery, and zucchini and stir-fry until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook until they begin to give up their juices. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Then, add ginger root and chicken to pan and stir-fry until the chicken begins to lightly brown.
Reduce heat to medium, and cook until the chicken stock reduces by half.
Drain noodles, toss with chicken mixture and serve.