- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups cooked tubetti pasta (tiny tubes or baby shells work best)
- 1/2 pound shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 pound shredded provolone
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups Adriana's tomato basil sauce, recipe follows
Mix crust ingredients gently to combine. Do not over mix. Put mixture into a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Shape meat to form a 1-inch thick crust.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix filling ingredients and scoop into meat crust.
Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Let pie cool for 15 minutes before cutting into 8 pie slices. Top each slice with Adriana's Tomato Basil Sauce and sprinkle with a little Parmesan.