Cold Cucumber-Avocado Soup
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 4 hr
- 4 to 6 servings
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 scallions (green and white parts included) chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- Dollop of sour cream, chopped chives or scallions
In a food processor or blender combine the cucumber, avocado and scallions. Pulse until the mixture is thoroughly chopped.
Add broth, sour cream and lemon juice and continue to process until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill for 4 to 6 hours.
Taste for seasoning and serve in chilled bowls with garnish.
(Recipe courtesy of Eric Boardman)
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse