- 1 pound zucchini squash, cut into bite-size, or thinly julienned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heirloom beans, cooked
- 2 ears frozen sweet corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup chopped ripe Roma tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Sage Pesto, recipe follows
Rinse and trim squashes, julienne on a mandoline using the skins for a pasta effect or cut into bite-sized chunks or use whole baby squashes.
Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add squash and saute for 1 minute, then in succession tossing and stirring with each addition add beans, corn, tomatoes, then add the sage pesto stirring gently to distribute evenly.
Salt, only if needed and serve immediately.
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sage leaves, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh, mild goat cheese, optional
Toast pine nuts in a dry saute pan or in a 350 degree F oven on a sheet pan. Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and process until a smooth.