- 1 pound peekytoe crab, picked for shells
- 1/4 cup small dice red onion
- 1/4 cup small diced English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade mint
- 1 teaspoon espellette
- 1/2 cup spicy aioli, recipe follows
- 2 to 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 avocados, ripe, for service
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Micro greens, for garnish
- Spicy Aioli:
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Thai-chili paste, (recommended: Sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons espellette pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl adjust seasoning with more spice, salt and lime juice, if needed.
Cut 3 avocados in 1/2 and remove the pit. Slice each 1/2 into 12 slices keep the slices of each half tightly together, flipping each 1/2 avocado separately and turn them pit side up so you can stuff them with the crab salad evenly among the 6 avocado halves. Wrap each ball tightly with plastic wrap so they hold their shape. Garnish the crab rolls with sesame seeds and micro greens.Spicy Aioli:
Mix all ingredients into a bowl. Chill until ready to use.
Yield: about 1 quart sauce
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.