- 1 pound peekytoe crab, picked for shells
- 1/4 cup small dice red onion
- 1/4 cup small diced English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade mint
- 1 teaspoon espellette
- 1/2 cup spicy aioli, recipe follows
- 2 to 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 avocados, ripe, for service
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Micro greens, for garnish
- Spicy Aioli:
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Thai-chili paste, (recommended: Sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons espellette pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl adjust seasoning with more spice, salt and lime juice, if needed.
Cut 3 avocados in 1/2 and remove the pit. Slice each 1/2 into 12 slices keep the slices of each half tightly together, flipping each 1/2 avocado separately and turn them pit side up so you can stuff them with the crab salad evenly among the 6 avocado halves. Wrap each ball tightly with plastic wrap so they hold their shape. Garnish the crab rolls with sesame seeds and micro greens.Spicy Aioli:
Mix all ingredients into a bowl. Chill until ready to use.
Yield: about 1 quart sauce
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.