Goat Cheese Smashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound white yams, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces, at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup warm milk, if needed
Place the potatoes and yams in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and yams and place in a stand mixer fitter with a whisk attachment. Add the goat cheese, butter and garlic and mix on low just until smooth, being careful not to over-mix or the potatoes will become gummy. Season with salt and pepper. If necessary, add the milk to loosen.
Recipe courtesy Damaris Phillips
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay