Feta, Black Olive, and Oregano Salad (aka Pizza Parlor Salad)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup good quality feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pitted black oil-cured Moroccan olives
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large serving bowl, combine iceberg lettuce, red onion, feta and olives.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper, to taste. Whisk until well combined. Toss the salad gently with dressing and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Dave Lieberman