Feta, Black Olive, and Oregano Salad (aka Pizza Parlor Salad)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup good quality feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pitted black oil-cured Moroccan olives
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large serving bowl, combine iceberg lettuce, red onion, feta and olives.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper, to taste. Whisk until well combined. Toss the salad gently with dressing and serve immediately.