Mini Fishcakes with Dijon Caper Mayonnaise
- 8 ounces boneless hake fillets, minced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, plus 3/4 cup for coating
- 1/4 chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (6-ounce) can water-packed white meat tuna, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Dijon Caper Mayonnaise, recipe follows
In a large bowl, mix together hake, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parsley, mayonnaise, coriander, shallots, mustard, tuna and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on a baking sheet.
Form mixture into patties roughly 1 1/2 inches thick and 2 inches in diameter, using about 1/4 cup of the mixture per patty. Coat each fishcake with the bread crumbs and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom and cook the fishcakes until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, in batches as needed.Dijon Caper Mayonnaise:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
1 tablespoon capers, drained
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 small lemon, juiced
Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 1/3 cup
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mini Chicken and Mango Tostadas, Mini Cheese Sandwiches (Panini With Mozzarella And Olive Tapenade), Mini Pumpkin Spice Cakes with Orange Glaze, Appetizer Recipes , New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Dip Recipes, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.