Caramalized Pears with Proscuitto and a Drizzle of Balsamic Syrup
- 3 cups balsamic vinegar
- 6 ripe cooking pears, such as Bosc
- 1 fresh lemon, cut in half
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 24 slices of Proscuitto d Parma (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 cups arugula, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- In a medium-saucepan, over medium heat, add the balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until the liquid reduces by 3/4, about 30 minutes or until syrup-like consistency. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Yield: about 1/4 cup
Peel each pear, discarding the skin. Slice each pear into quarters and remove the core. Then slice each quarter in 2 (you should have 48 pieces). **While you are cutting the pears, place in a mixing bowl and toss with the a squeeze of the fresh lemon juice. Season the pears with salt and black pepper. Add the sugar and toss well, coating each piece completely. In a large stainless steel pan, over medium-high heat, melt the butter. When the butter is hot, add the pears, sliced side down, cook until the pears start to caramelize, about 2 to 3 minutes, flip over and caramelize the other side. Remove the pears from the stove. Toss the arugula with olive oil salt and pepper. To serve, place a small mound of arugula in the center of each plate. Place 2 pear slices on each slice of prosciutto and roll prosciutto around the pears. Place 3 prosciutto and pear bundles on each mound of arugula. Crumble the cheese over the pears. Drizzle each plate with some of the balsamic syrup.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pecan Dusted Puff Pastry Caramelized Pear Napoleons, Grilled Pear Sundae, Poached Seckle Pears with Walnut Pound Cake, Blue Cheese Ice Cream and Rosemary Caramel, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Deviled Egg Recipes, Asian Appetizer Recipes, Simmer
Thank you! your flag was submitted.