Classic Celery Root Remoulade
- 1 medium celery root (celeriac), 12 to 16 ounces
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed soft herbs, such as parsley, chives, thyme, marjoram
- 1 teaspoon minced gherkins
- 1 teaspoon minced drained capers
Place the mustard in a mixing bowl and, while whisking, slowly drizzle in the hot water. When the water is completely incorporated, drizzle in the oil, little by little, until completely incorporated. Add the vinegar, little by little, to form a smooth emulsion and season with white pepper. Stir in the herbs, gherkins, and capers. Add the dressing to the celeriac, to taste. Serve immediately or allow to sit, refrigerated, in a nonreactive airtight container, for 2 hours and up to 2 days.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Potted Beef and Celery Root with Celery Gremolata, Creamy Apple and Celery Root Soup with Grilled Cheddar, Bacon and Apple Honey Mustard Sandwich, Celery Root and Pear Puree, Easy Snack, Dinner Parties Recipes, Thanksgiving Side Dishes, Easy, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Easy Mexican
Thank you! your flag was submitted.