Fresh Pea Relish with Tuna Steak
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil, for grilling
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 orange, halved
- 6 cups fresh mixed baby greens, washed and thoroughly dried
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat grill or broiler.
Season tuna with salt and pepper, and brush with olive oil and place on the grill or under the broiler.
Meanwhile, in a bowl toss together peas, shallots, peppers, mint, 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and the juice of 1/2 of the orange.
Make a mound of the seasoned greens in the middle of each serving plate. Place a serving of tuna steak on top of the greens. Top with a generous spoonful of the relish. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse