Grilled Corn "Salsa" with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- 5 medium ears yellow corn, silk removed, husk intact
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup crema fresca, or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho or chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Southwest Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, diced, for garnish
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso cotija or queso fresco, for garnish
- Blue corn tortilla chips, for serving
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
Soak corn in water for 5 minutes, drain and pat dry.
Lightly rub each ear of corn with 1 teaspoon of the oil and place the corn directly on the grill. Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until the kernels are lightly browned on all sides, about 20 minutes. Remove and set aside until cool. When the ears have cooled, cut the kernels from the cobs and transfer to a mixing bowl.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the crema fresca, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, Southwest Essence, salt, and pepper. Add the sour cream mixture to the cooled corn kernels, add the green onions, jalapeno pepper, red bell pepper, and cilantro, and stir to combine. Adjust seasonings, as needed. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
Place corn salsa in a serving bowl, garnish with avocado (you can also fold the avocado in with the corn salsa) and sprinkle the crumbled queso cotija over the top. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.