Roasted Potato Salad
- 2 pounds new potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg*
- Juice of three lemons
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Creole Mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped and browned until crispy
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven and cool completely. In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, add the egg, juice from one lemon, mustard, garlic, and green onions. Puree until smooth. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. With the machine running, slowly add the remaining olive oil until all of the oil is used and the mixture is thick. Reseason the mayonnaise with salt and pepper. In a large mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with the bacon, red onions, sliced eggs, parsley and dill. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir in the mayonnaise and the remaining lemon juice. Mix thoroughly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
*RAW EGG WARNING
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.