Sicilian Style Chick Pea Salad
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onions
- 2 salt packed anchovies, rinsed under cool water, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces tuna packed in olive oil, drained and flaked, or 3/4 cup drained, flaked home Cured tuna in olive oil, reserve some oil
- 12 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin chiffonade
In a large mixing bowl combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, wine vinegar, raisins, pine nuts, green onions, anchovies, lemon zest, salt and pepper and stir gently to combine with spoon. Transfer to 6 salad plates and divide the hard boiled eggs and flaked tuna among the plates. Drizzle with some of the reserved oil from the tuna, garnish each plate evenly with the basil and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.