Wok-Fried Dungeness Crab
- 1 1/2 cups fish stock
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 cup fermented black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pound cleaned Dungeness or jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Thai chile pepper, minced
- 4 Dungeness crabs, 1 1/2 pounds each, cleaned and broken into pieces
- 6 heads baby bok choy, halved and steamed
In a large skillet, combine fish stock, soy, lime juice, sherry, black beans, cashews, green onions, and cilantro. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is starting to thicken. Add the cleaned crabmeat and cornstarch mixture and cook for 1 minute.
Meanwhile, in a large wok over high heat, add the peanut oil. When oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger, chile, and crab pieces and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve crab pieces with sauce over top and steamed bok choy on the side. Be careful to not to eat any pieces of shell!
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2006
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay