Wok-Fried Dungeness Crab
- 1 1/2 cups fish stock
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 cup fermented black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pound cleaned Dungeness or jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Thai chile pepper, minced
- 4 Dungeness crabs, 1 1/2 pounds each, cleaned and broken into pieces
- 6 heads baby bok choy, halved and steamed
In a large skillet, combine fish stock, soy, lime juice, sherry, black beans, cashews, green onions, and cilantro. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is starting to thicken. Add the cleaned crabmeat and cornstarch mixture and cook for 1 minute.
Meanwhile, in a large wok over high heat, add the peanut oil. When oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger, chile, and crab pieces and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve crab pieces with sauce over top and steamed bok choy on the side. Be careful to not to eat any pieces of shell!
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2006