American-Style Potato Salad
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds medium waxy-style potatoes, quartered (6 to 8 potatoes)
- Kosher salt
- 2 stalks celery (with leaves), chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Soak the onions in a small bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover by about 2 inches and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until fork tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, transfer the potatoes to a large bowl, and mix with the onions and celery. Set aside to cool.
3. Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 7 minutes. Drain and transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water until cool, about 5 minutes. Peel and roughly chop the eggs.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, parsley, relish, mustard, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Carefully mix the mayonnaise into the potatoes with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs, taking care not to break them up too much. Season the salad with pepper to taste. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.