- 1 1/2 pounds Boston, Bibb, green or red leaf lettuce, or a mixture, washed, trimmed, and dried
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dressing of your choice, such as shallot or herb vinaigrette, ranch, or blue cheese
- 4 ounces imported Swiss cheese, cut into 2-inch long matchstick pieces
- 4 ounces baked ham, cut into 2-inch long matchstick pieces
- 4 ounces smoked turkey, chicken or duck breast, cut into 2-inch long matchstick pieces
- 4 ounces rare roast beef, cut into 1/4-inch by 2 inch matchstick pieces
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, shelled, cut into wedges
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, diced
- 16 vine-ripened cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 kirby (pickling) cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup toasted croutons
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and put into a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with 1/2 cup of the dressing. Divide the lettuce among 4 large individual serving bowls. Arrange the cheese, meats, eggs, and avocado, like the spokes of a wheel, on top of each salad. Scatter the tomatoes, cucumbers, and croutons on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and pass the remaining dressing at the table.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.