Crab and Avocado Salad
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound haricots verts or green beans, halved
- 2/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound lump or claw crabmeat
- 1 Hass avocado, halved, pitted and diced
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat croutons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the haricots verts and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
Toss the crabmeat, half of the avocado and about 1 tablespoon of the yogurt dressing in a small bowl. Toss the romaine, croutons, haricots verts and the remaining avocado with the remaining dressing in a large bowl.
Divide the romaine salad among plates, top with the tomatoes and place some of the crab mixture in the center.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse