- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more as needed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
In another bowl, beat the eggs and then whisk in the milk and vanilla.
Keeping the skillet at medium to medium low heat, ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet, to make a pancake. Make one or two more pancakes, taking care to keep them evenly spaced apart. Cook, until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more on the second side. Serve immediately or transfer to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the skillet as needed.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.