Glazed Carrots and Turnips
- 3/4 pound turnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Put the vegetables in a skillet just large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add enough water so that it comes halfway up their sides along with the butter and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat, then adjust the heat to maintain a simmer. Cover the vegetables with a round of parchment paper just large enough to fit the inside diameter of the pan, or with a lid set ajar. Simmer the vegetables until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the cover and raise the heat to high. Toss the vegetables frequently in the pan, as the liquid evaporates to a shiny smooth glaze. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.