Grilled Turkey or Chicken Cutlets with Black Bean, Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salsa
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 turkey or chicken cutlets (each about 4-6 ounces)
- 1 15 -ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 8 to 10 small cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
1. Whisk the mustard and vinegar in a large bowl, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Season the cutlets with some salt and pepper and put in a large non-reactive glass or ceramic bowl. Pour about a 1/4 cup of the dressing over the cutlets and turn to coat evenly. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature, or in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
2. Add the beans, corn, and tomatoes to the remaining dressing. Season the salsa with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Add the avocado and cilantro and gently mix, taking care not to break up the avocado.
3. Preheat a stovetop grill or grill pan on medium-high. Drain the cutlets and grill until lightly browned and firm to the touch, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve hot with the salsa.Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 17 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 24 grams
Protein: 39 grams
Sodium: 397 milligrams
Cholesterol: 82 milligrams
Fiber: 8 grams
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings with Pickled Red Chiles, Dates and Fresh Mint, Grilled Chicken Salad with Fresh Herbs and Celery on Toasted Rolls, Grilled Chicken Chili Verde and Corn on the Cob with Chipotle Cream, Turkey Gravy Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Enchilada Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.