- 8 ounces ground beef chuck
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 9 -ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach (about 3 ounces)
Combine the beef, parmesan, 2 tablespoons parsley, the egg, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a medium bowl; mix with your hands until just combined. Form into 1-inch meatballs; set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes; remove to a plate. Add the carrots and celery to the pot; cook, stirring, until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and 3 cups water; bring to a boil. Return the meatballs to the pot along with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer until the meatballs are just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 474; Fat 23 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 147 mg; Sodium 1,065 mg; Carbohydrate 37 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 27 g
Photograph by Justin Walker
Thank you! your flag was submitted.