Tuscan Bean Dip
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Crisp vegetables, for dipping (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay bread on a baking sheet. Rub each slice with a clove of garlic and sprinkle with a pinch of salt; reserve garlic clove. Toast in oven until golden, about 8 minutes.
Chop all garlic cloves. Cook garlic in the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until it is golden, about 3 minutes. Pull skillet from heat; stir in rosemary and red pepper and cool slightly.
Put beans, the 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and all but 1 teaspoon of the rosemary oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Scrape puree into a serving bowl and drizzle with reserved rosemary oil. Serve with toasted baguette and, if desired, raw vegetables.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.