Apple and Mint Punch
- 2 cups water
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups (100 percent) apple juice (recommended: Martinelli's)
- 1 cup Mint Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 cup sparkling water, chilled
- Mint Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packed cup fresh mint leaves
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Garnish: fresh mint sprigs, optional
In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn off the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 6 minutes. Remove the tea bags and cool the tea to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Pour the cooled tea into a large pitcher. Add the apple juice, Mint Simple Syrup and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.Mint Simple Syrup:
Add the water and sugar to a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the mint leaves. Allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes. Strain before using.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis