- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head butter lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces Provolone, cubed
- 3/4 cup rinsed canned red kidney beans, patted dry
- 3/4 cup rinsed canned garbanzo beans, patted dry
- Red Wine Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown and cooked through, breaking the sausage into bite-size pieces, about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate. Cool to room temperature.
Chop and combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and cooked sausage in a large bowl. Add beans and enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.