Rustic Vegetable and Polenta Soup
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed or chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup instant polenta, such as Gia Russa
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
In a large heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onions, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion begins to brown, about 6 minutes.
Add the parsley, thyme, garlic, tomatoes and zucchini, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the polenta and cook until the soup thickens and the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
Stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper.
Ladle into soup bowls and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.