- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled, tail left on, deveined
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard (recommended: Maille)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and herbes de Provence. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes each side.
In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup, turmeric, and basil until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Place the yogurt mixture in a dipping bowl.
Place the bowl of dipping sauce on a serving platter with the cooked shrimp.