- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 cups fresh arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese (or feta cheese)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and put the pasta on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle the pasta with 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss, spread out, and set aside to cool.
Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Serve.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello