Watermelon, Strawberry and Tequila Agua Fresca
- 2 pounds cubed watermelon (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups diced stemmed strawberries (measured from 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (from 1 large lime), plus extra as needed
- 3 whole strawberries, halved
- 6 lime wedges
- Six 1-inch cubes watermelon
Toss the watermelon, diced strawberries, sugar and salt in a large bowl to blend. Let stand until the sugar dissolves and a syrup forms, stirring occasionally, at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
Working in batches, puree the fruit mixture with the tequila and 2 teaspoons of the lime juice, combining each batch in a large pitcher. Stir to blend. Add more lime juice if desired. Refrigerate until very cold, at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis