Green Mango Chutney
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 green mangoes, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 cup Demerara sugar
Heat oil in saucepan and saute onions for 4 minutes. Add jalapenos and cumin seeds and saute until fragrant. Add the cloves, cinnamon, and coriander. When fragrant, add the mangoes. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook until mangoes are soft. Add the lime juice, rice wine vinegar, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, minced ginger, and Demerara sugar and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally until chutney is thick. Pour into hot and sterilized jars and seal when cold.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.