- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons mirin, or white wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bok choy
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup julienned snap peas
- 1/2 cup julienned green onions
- 15 wonton skins, fried
- Peanuts, for garnish
In a small saucepan add 2 tablespoons olive oil, ginger and garlic, lightly saute until lightly brown. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, and mirin. Saute for 5 minutes and remove from heat. When cool whisk in olive oil, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar.
Mix all vegetables in a bowl and toss with dressing.
Garnish with crushed wontons and peanuts.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri, 2007