Hennessy Tavern Chopped Salad
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 15 min
- about 6 to 8 servings of salad; about 4 cups dressing
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons capers with juice
- 6 heaping tablespoons spicy mustard
- 6 to 7 shallots
- 3 cups olive oil
- 2 cups chopped radicchio
- 2 cups chopped watercress
- 2 cups chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 2 cups chopped scallions
Puree vinegar, capers, 3 tablespoons mustard, and shallots until well blended. Pour into a bowl. Add the remaining mustard around the edge of the bowl and fold into the mixture. Add the oil in a stream while stirring constantly until creamy.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer about 1 1/2 cups of the salad mixture into serving bowls. Coat lightly with some dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Hennessy Tavern, Northvale, NJ