Hennessy Tavern Chopped Salad
Recipe courtesy Hennessy Tavern, Northvale, NJ
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 15 min
- about 6 to 8 servings of salad; about 4 cups dressing
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons capers with juice
- 6 heaping tablespoons spicy mustard
- 6 to 7 shallots
- 3 cups olive oil
- 2 cups chopped radicchio
- 2 cups chopped watercress
- 2 cups chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 2 cups chopped scallions
Puree vinegar, capers, 3 tablespoons mustard, and shallots until well blended. Pour into a bowl. Add the remaining mustard around the edge of the bowl and fold into the mixture. Add the oil in a stream while stirring constantly until creamy.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer about 1 1/2 cups of the salad mixture into serving bowls. Coat lightly with some dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.