Holy Moly Guacamole
- 1 (15-ounce) can early or young peas, drained
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (about 1 medium avocado's worth)
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1/2 clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, plus more, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/3 cup chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Chopped jarred jalapenos, optional
- Serving suggestion: cut veggies
Place peas in a medium bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher or fork. (Or puree peas in a small blender or food processor and transfer to a medium bowl.) Add avocado, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 black pepper, cumin, and chile powder. Continue to mash until blended.
Stir in tomatoes, onion, and some cilantro and/or jalapenos, if using. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
2010 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.