Honey Sesame Wings
From Food Networks Kitchens
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 10 min
- 20 min
- 50 min
- 6 servings
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut or other vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 scallion (white and green), thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Combine the honey, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, coriander, scallion, and red pepper in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
Cut the wing tips off the chicken wings and discard. Separate the wings into two pieces at the joint. Season with salt and pepper. Put the wings in a shallow baking dish, and cover with the sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate the wings in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Strain the wings from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Spread the wings out on a foil-lined baking pan. Bake the wings, basting with the marinade every 10 minutes during the first 30 minutes of cooking. (Discard any excess marinade.) Continue to bake until the wings are browned and cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve immediately.