Buttermilk Ranch Dressing with Bibb Lettuce
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 11/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt, such as Fage Total
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, shaken
- Salad greens for 6
- 3 small Bibb lettuces, cut in half through the core
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
Place the scallions, basil, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Puree for 15 to 20 seconds to make a smooth mixture. Add the mayonnaise, yogurt, and buttermilk and blend until smooth. Transfer the dressing to a container, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour for the flavors to develop.
Arrange the lettuce, tomatoes, and onion artfully on salad plates and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.