- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 scallion, minced (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon milk, half-and-half, or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams good salmon roe
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese until smooth. With the mixer on medium speed, add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, scallion, milk, salt, and pepper. With a rubber spatula, fold in 3/4 of the salmon roe. Spoon the dip into a bowl and garnish with the remaining salmon roe and sprigs of fresh dill.
Serve with chips, toasts, or crackers.
Copyright 2001, Barefoot Contessa Parties!, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson