- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 scallion, minced (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon milk, half-and-half, or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams good salmon roe
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese until smooth. With the mixer on medium speed, add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, scallion, milk, salt, and pepper. With a rubber spatula, fold in 3/4 of the salmon roe. Spoon the dip into a bowl and garnish with the remaining salmon roe and sprigs of fresh dill.
Serve with chips, toasts, or crackers.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray